Playing cards are very often parts of game boards (and of course the one element of a card game). Cards can be used in many different ways, e.g. as an action element, as a marker, as money or goods, as overview cards etc.
Production here requires modern special machines of high quality. In order to protect their surface, the cards receive a special finish: A special and eco-friendly varnish protects the colour from abrasion, boosts the brilliance, improves the sliding of the cards and is dirt and water-repellent.
: Cards can be produced in any size, however, the following sizes have proved successful:
- Skat: 59x92mm
- Poker: 63x88mm
- Bridge: 58x88mm
- cars small: 46x66mm
- Square: 60x60 mm / 70x70mm
: We differentiate between Simple cardboard and playing card cardboard. Cards made from playing card cardboard have a high quality sandwich construction of two layers of paper joined with a lightproof tack coat and graphite core so that no one can see through them. Ideal for professional card players. Cards made from simple cardboard do not have this graphic core.
: There are different weights and gauges of playing cards. The unit is in g/qm. Typical values are:
- 250 g/qm
- 300 g/qm
- 350 g/qm
Playing card cardboard
- 305 g/qm
- 320 g/qm
- 350 g/qm
- 390 g/qm
: Monochromatic or polychromatic (4- colours) printing is possible, one-sided or two-sided, leading to the following options
- 4/4 - two-sided coloured printing
- 4/1 - one side 4-coloured, one side 1-coloured
- 4/0 - one side 4-coloured, one side blank
- 1/1 - two-sided 1-coloured
- 1/0 - one side 1-coloured, one side blank
- non-bleeded design (with colored rim); graphics here must have a 3 mm rim.
- bleeded design (without rim); cards production here is more expensive, due to a special machine setting. A standard card game (33 cards) increases in price by approx 0.15 EUR / deck.
For small editions and prototypes an economic production often is impossible. Most expensive here are the preproduction costs (set-up and changeover costs for machines).
In our Shop you will find blank cards in different sizes and colours, that can be used for those purposes. The cards are produced professionally and are writable with special overhead markes and printable with special printers (e.g. Canon MX Serie, photo-printer).
In addition to that, we offer blank cards glued to DIN-A4 paper - A in both standard card sizes. Cards here are pre-cut and can be printed in PC-printers, 2-sided white, 200 gr/m².
Another sort of blank cards glued to DIN-A4 paper - B in both standard card sizes. The front side can be printed by every PC-printer, the back side is laminated and can only be printed by a laser printer. No one can see through the cards.
A third type of cards is on a DIN-A4 sheet and has a micro-perforation. The cards can be printed in all PC printers. After printing, cards can be pressed out and then have a slightly visible "nose" along the edges (from the micro-perforation).
Intersections to full-size print as well as templates for "Word" are available.
In our Shop you will find printed cards for various purposes, such as:
We will support you with your customized production of playing cards according to your specifications. The minimum volume is 500 card games. Costs/piece will decrease with increasing volumes, meaning that small editions are relatively expensive.
- Playing cards 59x91mm 33 cards, 4/4-coloured, 300 gr simple cardboard, non bleeded ~ 2,60 EUR / game (net) with 500 games.
- Playing cards 59x91mm 33 cards, 4/4-coloured, 300 gr simple cardboard, non bleeded ~ 1,70 EUR / game (net) with 1,000 Sets
- Playing cards 59x91mm 33 cards, 4/4-coloured, 300 gr simple cardboard, non bleeded ~ 1,10 EUR / game (net) with 2,000 Sets
- Playing cards 44x68mm 33 cards, 4/4-coloured, 300 gr simple cardboard, non bleeded ~ 2,50 EUR / game (net) with 500 Sets
- Playing cards 44x68mm 33 cards, 4/4-coloured, 300 gr simple cardboard, non bleeded ~ 1,60 EUR / game (net) with 1,000 Sets
- Playing cards 44x68mm 33 cards, 4/4-coloured, 300 gr simple cardboard, non bleeded ~ 1,10 EUR / game (net) with 2,000 Sets
- Playing cards 58x88mm 66 cards, 4/4-coloured, 300 gr simple cardboard, bleeded ~ 3,70 EUR / game (net) with 500 Sets
- Playing cards 58x88mm 66 cards, 4/4-coloured, 300 gr simple cardboard, bleeded ~ 2,50 EUR / game (net) with 1,000 Sets
- Playing cards 59x92mm 144 cards, 4/4-coloured, 300 gr simple cardboard, bleeded, with cardboard box with print 152x107x28 mm 4/0-coloured ~ 7.80 EUR / piece (net) with 1,000 Sets
- Playing cards 59x92mm 144 cards, 4/4-coloured, 300 gr simple cardboard, bleeded, with cardboard box with print 152x107x28 mm 4/0-coloured ~ 5.80 EUR / game (net) with 2,000 Sets
For standard sizes, we offer different storage options in our Shop:
- Metal box, 11 x 7.5 x 3 cm for approx. 100 standard-playing cards or approx 180 cards of smaller sizes. There also is a little space remaining for additional game materials.
- Cardboard box , blank or customized with stickers. Also here, there is some space for additional game material.
Professional card production allows you to order professionally printed cardboard boxes:
Miscellaneous around playing cards
- edge cutter - uniform corners for self-made playing cards. cut-rounding 2.5cm. Cuts paper, cardboard and laminated paper!
Customized production services
You could develop your customized card game in cooperation with our illustrators and graphic designers. Just send a short sketch and description of your idea.
Quick-Check for your request
We would be happy to submit an individual offer for your project. Please note the above mentioned specifications and minimum order volumes!
Please submit your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the following information in your request to help us with the compilation of your customized offer:
- sizes (length, width, depth/thickness)
- (optional) imprint (monochromatic, polychromatic)
- delivery time/deadlines (when do you need the goods?)
- contact data and delivery address
- Over-/Underdelivery: 10 % Over-/Underdelivery possible due to production process.
- Deposit: www.spielmaterial.de will define a deposit according to the degree of customization.
- Right of withdrawal: customized products are not subject to the right of withdrawal. The client renounces at his right of withdrawal when submitting the order for customized production.
- Data: Graphical data must be supplied as PDF or in formats of current graphic programs such as "Corel Draw", "Photoshop" or "Illustrator". The client will receive a PDF-proof for approval.
- Delivery: cards from professional production are delivered in cellophane, hand-crafted cards (small editions) are delivered without cellophane wrapping.